Search An Art Piece a Day...

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Moving forward



So some things have definitely changed over this year. And they always do right. At the beginning of the year, I had every intension of going to Europe for 3 months starting in january of next year. Now I don't know when we will go, but i am just as excited about my future! Right now, Simon and I are planning on applying for schools (Simon a university and me...art school) for the year of 2012-2013. We have decided to move forward in our lives as people, before we start a big experiences. We want the chance to do what we want as careers, so we are finally taking the time to do it. We will finnish all the credits we can in community college, and then set our sights to new places. This means changing out the old for the new.
This blog was originally created to share my experience of doing one art piece a day for a year in order to fundraise for our Europe trip. So much has changed that I feel a retirement of this blog is in order to make way for a more current one. I am still doing TONS of art, but have fallen short of the regimented one piece a day and definitely don't blog about it like I said I would. We are no longer going one our huge trip, and we have so many other things in store. This does not mean that we are going to shut the shop down. We just have something new to fundraise for!
This new bolg will be a considerably more updated account of our shop and the reason for it. Since we have to move in a couple years to one of several big cities, for one of several schools, we are changing the fundraising subject. We are going to be raising money for school. Simon and I are obviously going to be applying for a lot of scholarship and grant money, but if that is not enough, it will be very hard for us to pay the remainder. Especially since we will be moving, and to a higher cost of living place. I am in the process of setting up the blog, re-doing the site, and updating the merch. please be patient as I get all the changes completed. 
This will be the last post for this blog. I am sad to say it, but there is a time to move on. Maybe I will try this challenge again some day. It will probably be a lot easier once I am in art school. Thank you for sticking with me and I wish all the best to you. If you would like to still follow my life and adventures you can visit my general/craft blog welchgab.blogspot.com or visit my new one helpshopgallery.blogspot.com . I will leave this post u for a while, but in a month or two I will delete it. Thanks again for your support. --Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment