Search An Art Piece a Day...

Monday, March 8, 2010

Dang Internet!

So I am currently at the school writing this because the internet at home is not working. It was pretty brutal yesterday, when I was stuck at home from lack of car and a storm. Well, sorry for the long wait again, and here are some pieces. I have seven now, and I will put the rest up later.

So, I have been doing a lot of different things the past few days. I did this one grueling scratch board. It is actually 2 scratchboards that are layered. All of the white in them had to be scratched out. I really love how it came out though, and so I think that is how I will do them from now on. I will probably work on adding even more layers. Since a lot of the scratchboards are going in the show, I have to figure out how to frame them. I really need to find a way to let them emit light so you can see them with out the sunshine. I'm thinking modified shadow boxed, but we will see. Ill put up a picture of what I come up with.

I did do two wood burning projects. They are more paintings with the added texture of wood burning. The colors turned out really nice on the wood and work well with the groves of the burned areas. In the image of the bird cages, I even used the burning tool to create some shadow and depth under the paint. It was fun. The tool gets really hot though, so yummy ice cream breaks are in order to create a true master piece ;). The house did smell like a sweet camp fire when I was done, so that was nice.

The three mono-types I did were more at home experimenting. The nude was my first wipe away project. I love how they look, but think mine could have been better if I used a press. The values just didn't come out as pronounced as i wanted. I still really like it though. The others were just playing with colors. The one with the petals was also wipe away at first and then I added the color on top, and the one with faces was just playing around. I think I might like that one best because of how free is it. More of that is in order for sure. I have that class in about an hour, so I'll get to it!

Finally, I did another mini-quilt! Yay! It was fun and I am getting much faster. I really want to explore this mini-quilt business. Keep and eye out because I have some major ideas for them. I am also in the process of putting together a lager, wall hanging quilt that I am REALLY excited about, so look for that as well!

Well, thank you all and I will be up as soon as possible to share the rest of the art I owe you! Until then, keep is classy San Diego! --Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment