Search An Art Piece a Day...

Monday, February 8, 2010

Black octopus and what's to come.



February 8, 2010
I got back from my mono-print class at about 4:30 and have been working on art stuff ever since. I have been able to get all of my new photos on facebook and my deviant art account, but I still need to get them on my foundmyself.com gallery. Sorry for the delay, things are hectic. 
I am loving my classes more and more, the longer I am in them. Today I tried the dry point method of mono-printing. It is where you scratch out your image onto some plexiglas, rub ink into the grooves, and then print it onto the paper. I only got as far as the test print, but I am using that as my art piece today because I think it turned out really well. I am really exited about what it will look like as a finished print. 
I also added the octopus drawing I did on Friday, Feb. 5th. I was only just now able to photograph him and put him up on the art sites. I like how he turned out too. He was done with charcoal on card-stock with a masked out border. I think I am going to do a little mini-series of charcoal creatures. Im not sure of the specifics yet, but I want to start drawing more and I think that would be a nice place to start out. Mr. octopus was fun enough.
Thanks, as always, to my readers and supporters! Make sure to take a look at the details of my new members drawings and invite your friends to join. Take a look at foundmyself.com/ gallery/nikkiandsimon for more art and purchasing instructions. I plan to get my personal web site up and running be the end of the week. Only 326 more pieces to go! Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment