Search An Art Piece a Day...

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Angry wolf....and late once again.


January 10, 2010 (for January 9, 2010)

I finished this a little late last night and didn't feel like posting anything about it until I got some sleep. So, this time I have no family emergency, I was just tired. It happens, and it will probably again. The important thing to me is that I got the piece done. I like it too. A little blast from the past for me. I used to do these see through scratch boards all of the time in high school. I still have some blank ones, so i though i would give it a go. They are tedious but fun at the same time. I start out with a piece of plastic. Something that will hold the ink pretty well. I think if you have a piece that is too slick, you can sand it a bit to help the ink stay. Once the ink is dry, I just decide what I want to do, and start scratching away. My favorite scratcher tools are old calligraphy nibs and these simple wooden sticks with metal points. I think they are used specifically for scratch boards. Well that is about it, hope you like it! Only 356 more!!! Check out this and more in the shop at foundmyself.com/gallery/nikkiandsimon . 

No comments:

Post a Comment