Search An Art Piece a Day...

Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm Back!




















January 18, 2010
Here I am again, after another computer illness. At some point on friday, my charger decided to quit working, and so the computer ended up dead. There was nothing we could do about it. When you live in a tiny apartment with no tv, no computer, and a dead phone, you start to feel a little claustrophobic. I didn't even have the car because Simon took it to work. Then there was this whole pact I was missing out on. I couldn't post anything and it was driving my crazy. But, I continued to do art, and even had a goofy photo shoot with simon. 
On this post I am putting up the painting I did today and the one I did on the 15th. I will write another post right after this about my photo shoot and the pictures I am counting as my art pieces for the 16th and 17th. These paintings are two more done in the style of the snails. I am having fun with this style so I think Im going to hold onto it for a while. The one from the 15th is called Christmas angel. My computer was out at the time I wanted to do the painting, so I needed to find something around the house to paint. I ended up with this little christmas angel I leave out all year round. It was a simple painting, but I liked how it turned out. 
The one I did today was fun too. I kept to a basic 2 color pallet, except at the end where I used a black ink pen and a deep red sharpie for the words. It was a fun little tribute to Valentines Day coming up. The words on the books are from Shakespeare's sonnets which, I didn't realize until I had already started, are not all romantic, lovey poems. Oh well, not many will actually (or can) read the words anyway. The overall affect turned out all right.
Thank you as always for you support and I am sorry for the delay this time. I will try my hardest to have it not happen again, but who knows. Things like that just happen sometimes, especially with computers. The foundmyself.com site is back up and has been re-modeled, so check it out. If you want to see these as well as my other art, my gallery url is foundmyself.com/gallery/nikkiandsimon . Only 347 more to go! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment