Search An Art Piece a Day...

Monday, January 11, 2010

That was a lot of work...



January 11, 2010 (for January 10, 2010)
Ok so I am technically late, but I am still up from January 10th so It's not quite cheating. I started this scratch board at about 7:30 and just finished at about 1. I worked on it straight through too, so my hands are killing me. It turned out pretty sweet though. Just like last time, this was a left over scratch board from high school and I used one of those "wooden stick with a metal point" tools to do the drawing. It took FOREVER... but now that it is over I am glad I did it. The image is from this copyright free animal illustrations book I have. The reference is small though, so I had to make a little up as I went along. It is supposed to be a marine invertebrate, but it doesn't say what one. I just though it made a really cool design. Well that's about it. This is my 10 day anniversary so only 355 more to go! Going by quick! Thanks for reading and if you want to see more art or want more info on the pieces please visit foundmyself.com/gallery/nikkiandsimon . See ya tomorrow! (Or later today)

No comments:

Post a Comment