Search An Art Piece a Day...

Saturday, January 2, 2010

A little piece of India


January 2nd, 2010

Got it done!! I was getting a little worried for a while but I have a couple hours to spare. I, again, had a hard time figuring out what I wanted to do today. I knew I wanted to stay away from another piece of fine art so instead I went rummaging through one of my disorganized art drawers and found a huge stack of colorful card-stock strips left over from my wedding. I took the stack into my comfy bed with me, deciding on making a bookmark. This simple task turned complicated as I tried out and disliked a number of my first ideas. By the time evening rolled around, I still had nothing really started. I then brought out my wood burning kit, and still with no plan, I started to play. I used the hot knife to cut away the green paper and then added some discoloration with the shader. I used another piece of the card-stock to put some color behind the green and then started to sew some thread on for texture. Then all of this was finished I had a messy back and still felt like things were incomplete and so added a third strip of red and a couple gold tassels. Now I had a bookmark fit for a king. Well, my shop anyway. The whole process to way more time then I intended, but it was a lot of fun working so freely and I like the end product. It's always nice when you like you art at the end. :) 363 more to go!
Remember to check it out at the shop by visiting http://www.foundmyself.com/gallery/NikkiandSimon . 

No comments:

Post a Comment