Search An Art Piece a Day...

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Finally back!


January 26, 2010

I am so sorry for the long delay, but after a series of unfortunate events, it was necessary. Prescott had a huge storm on Thursday and friday that wiped out our internet completely. We escaped on friday evening to Tucson, but I forgot the cord to upload photos from our camera. We came back yesterday morning, just in time for work and classes. Even though I was not able to post during this time, I was able to get all of my art done, so I can post it now. :)
The art piece I did after my sketch was a home made book. It has about 20 recipes and little illustrations though out it. It was fun to make and turned out cute, although obviously home made. The recipes are all vegan and for desserts. There are some really good ones in there! The other art pieces are all scratch boards because that is the easiest thing to do while on the road. i really like how these turned out, so I am thinking about having a show at a coffee shop with just the boards. I will have to figure out how to display them though. I was thinking about little box frames made out of light balsa wood, and putting christmas lights in them to back light it. That way you can see all the detail in them.
I have a lot more to update when it comes to the blog and the sites my art is on. Simon and I decided to buy a domain name and server space for our own site from foundmyself.com . That way it will be easier to access the art work and we will be able to work with displaying and selling art easier. I will still be blogging though. I just want people to be able to browse and buy the art with a little more organization. 
I am currently working on re-vamping this blog as well. I though it would be neat to kinda beef it up a little. I plan on putting up interviews of other artists, raffles, contests, among other things. I am really excited about it so check back often to see the new stuff. I hope will be able to link the blog and the site together so it will be easier to navigate between the two. 
Well that is about it for now. I, hopefully, will be able to get all the updates started in the next few days. Thank you all for your support and I am excited to be starting my next faze in this adventure. See you later today when I post my art piece for the 26th! Only 340 more to go before that!

No comments:

Post a Comment