Search An Art Piece a Day...

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Elephants Never Forget!

January 3, 2010

Number 3! I woke up this morning with artwork on my mind. It is fun knowing that no matter what, I will have something to do for the day. The fact that it is art is awesome! I am really starting to like 
this challenge. Then again, I am only on number 3. The biggest problem I am running into is deciding what I want to do. It is really hard trying to think up something in time to get it done by the end of the day. If I ended up hating what was coming out 3 hours into the project, or I bit off more then I could chew, it would be really hard to think of something else to create in time. This is also ending up to be the fun part. I am being forced to bulldoze through, wether the art piece is what I envisioned or not. The end products are becoming more free and interesting because of this. 
Elephants Never Forget is a concept I came up with a few years ago. I started is on a big slap of wood, but then like so many other ideas that I have, it ended op being painted over and used for something else.
 This morning, after I woke up, I looked around my room for some Ideas. My eyes fell on this ratty old purse I acquired from a thrift store, with droopy little elephants all over it. How about something with elephants! That old idea popped into my head and so i decided to run with it. 
The original Idea only consisted of the letters and the elephant. I busted out those aspects pretty quickly, but the painting was pretty boring. That is when I started to explore. I added some texture to the bubble letters, drew around with a silver sharpie (which is awesome! everyone should have one!) and added a thought bubble with question marks, just for fun. The whole thing took me a little less time then my other pieces and was really relaxing. Im happy I finally let that confused little elephant in my mind live again! Check him out as well as other art pieces out at the shop... foundmyself.com/gallery/nikkiandsimon . Now only 362 more to go! Woohoo! See you tomorrow.
                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment