Search An Art Piece a Day...

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Love Snails



January 14, 2010
I wasn't sure if I was going to do a new piece of art today, or scrape by with a little card I colored in last night at about 12:15. It's was Simon's first day off in a while and I wanted to hang out with him, do something fun. He was such a good sport. Even though it was his day off, he took me to heritage park zoo, a local wild animal sanctuary. We saw their new tiger and bobcats, and was in touching distance of their giant bear, as well. It was really neat. Simon even found himself to be having fun at times (note from Simon: i will deny this if you ask me about it). We got a lot of low quality, through the fence, never really going to look at pictures too. After the zoo, we went to hastings, he bought me (us really) 2 CDs and then we headed back home. I found myself with a lull of time to do a piece of art! 
It is odd. I have realized that doing an art piece a day has started to become a habit. When I had the time earlier, I didn't have to force myself off the computer of skip taking a nap to drudge through another art piece. I really wanted to do one. Art has been on my mind constantly and everyday I feel a need to create. I now have to ignore it if I want to get anything done. It is a neat experience, since before I had trouble with motivation. Only 14 days in and one of my original goals has already been accomplished.
I am not sure how many people I know are aware of this, but about 3 weeks ago I quit my job. My original intentions were to find another job straight away. I mean, we are planning on taking a trip after all, and we need to be making and saving a lot of money. I spent the first week on my butt, doing nothing. It was driving me crazy, so that is when I decided to do this challenge. I planned on doing it on the side, between a part time job and going to school full time. Sine the challenge has taken off though, I have had a small glitch in my plan. I want to do art. I don't want to find time for art, I want to make it my life. With Simon the only one working we can pay for our bills, but there would be no way to save extra for our trip. It would be living pay check to pay check. I am not the type of person to not want to contribute, and frankly, I love making money for myself, but something has changed.
Simon and I are spiritual people. We haven't been to church in far too long and we don't get around to reading the bible like we used to but we are still very much christian people. So when I got this nagging, scary, and unrealistic feeling to only do art for now, I attributed the drive to that spirituality. I am really worried about it at times, but I also have this feeling that if I am patient, things will work out. It is the same feeling I had when Simon and I decided to get married as well as deciding to move up to Prescott. Those things have worked out better then we could have imagined, so I think I should follow though with this too. My only hope is that I am not just making it all up, but I don't think I am. If you are at all religious or pray, do so for us, this is a big and risky step. 
Thank you to all for your support so far. This has already made a big difference in my life and I am happy I am able to share it. This last painting was a lot of fun for me and I hope you like it. As always, if you want to see more information about this piece, or see other art I have created, you can go to foundmyself.com/gallery/nikkiandsimon . This site is currently under construction, but it says it will be back up in a couple days. Thanks again. Only 351 more to go! see ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment