Search An Art Piece a Day...

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Busy Day


January 12, 2010
I had a really good day today! Except for sleeping in WAY too late (almost noon!) I made sure to get a lot done. I met a good friend for coffee and caught up with her. Then, after I got home, I had a huge urge to do art... and that is what I did! I was able to get 3 small pieces done today. I like all of them too. I especially like the more whimsical illustration I did. It was a lot of fun. 
The first one I did I picked up from yesterday. The Rainbow Birds were already painted and drawn up, but I added a little detail to the leaves and birds. I was having a hard time with it yesterday, but yet again, stepping away was a blessing. i just ended up liking the whole thing better, and was able to add on the little details to finish it. 
The second one I did was by fantasy Fly Away painting. It started from a reference picture I had of balloons and just went from there. The figure was a lot of fun to do because she is so simple. I layered on the clouds, the girl, and the balloons but so
mething was missing. It was way to blank. I ended up making it even more like a nursery rhyme by adding the moon, stars, and banner. I love how the whole thing works together. It is nice when that happens. 
I finally ended with my scratch board. It was not as complicated as my last, but it was still a nice change. No matter what I do, I always like coming back to these scratch boards. I like the process and the result. I think the only thing that keeps me from making that a set "style" is that I haven't found a way to be as creative with them. I could though. Maybe with all this extra art I am doing I will be able to experiment with is. 
Well that is about it. Hope you like all of the art and thank you for your support! The site is under construction right now, but check the gallery at foundmyself.com/gallery/nikkiandsimon for more art and information! See you tomorrow. Only 353 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment