Search An Art Piece a Day...

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

School day and a sketch..


January 20, 2010
Today I had my first class for mono-printing. I am so excited for this class! This will be a type of art I am completely new to, and I really think I am going to love it. I can't wait until we will be able to really experiment with this medium. I also can't wait until I can show all of you the pieces I come up with. Tomorrow I was supposed to have my first quilting class, but it got canceled, so I will not be going until Tuesday. :( Oh well. I have digital photography to look forward to tomorrow! 
My art piece today is just a little drawing I did in about half an hour, maybe a little more. I started off with a pencil drawing and decided to just go crazy. It was fun. A little more like my old "Scratch Art" stuff. I got to use the ink I bought at Michael's, which ended up being the wrong kind from what I wanted. It is called permanent black ink, instead of india ink. It is ok. A lot lighter then the india ink and seems to have a bit of red in it. It was new though, so it was fun to use. 
I am sorry for the short posts. Since I have the day off tomorrow, maybe I will get my hands dirty and do something big. Then I will have a lot more to write about. Well, we will see. I am not making any promises. Thanks for the continued support and I hope everyone enjoyed their Wednesday as much as I did. Only 345 more, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment