Search An Art Piece a Day...

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Art on the Go


January 7, 2010

We had family in today and I was worried about when I was going to be able to do my art piece. Simon and his brother wanted to go hiking, so i packed up my sketchbook, pencil, eraser, and sharpener and followed them out. We settled on a trail in the Prescott Willow Lake park, where there are thousands of big, round, beautiful, rock formations to crawl around. After picking a daunting cluster to conquer, we trekked all the way up to the top. It was beautiful. The sun was fairly low in the sky, casting harsh shadow in the rock cracks and crevices. I took off my coat to sit on, and found an interesting group to draw, while the boys hiked to another mini mountain we affectionately named shell rock. Yep, because it looked like a shell. It was so relaxing to be able to sit all alone and just draw. Even though it is not my normal style, it was great practice and a wonderful meditation. I hope I will get my butt out of my house to do that more often now. Well, now only 358 more art pieces to go! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment